Thank you everyone who took the effort and handed in #squeers.
We are very busy joining all the squeers together, so that both our rickshaws will be colorfully rolling on the Ring in Vienna in the EuroPride Parade on Sat, June 15th!
“squeeralong”: Now it’s time to get involved!
According to the Europride motto “ Together & Proud “, we also want to “get you in the rickshaw” and hereby call a #squeeralong :
Based on the idea of the Granny Square we want to cover the rickshaw, but patches may have different shapes (whether square, rectangular, round, oval, etc.), colours or fibers – the more rainbow colourful, the better.
True to the motto “square” + “queer” = “squeer”
We invite you to create this rickshaw together with us and look forward to your knitted or crocheted (or woven, knotted, etc.) patches.
And this is how it works:
- Your crocheted or knitted (woven or knotted) patches, as colourful as possible, should be 8 cm across from side to side, corresponding in size to a Granny Square with a side of 8 cm . Please sew in you ends!
- Bring your patches into one of the yarn shops listed here until Saturday, June 1st, 2019 at the latest:
- The wool shops will collect the patches together for us and double their quantity. Also you get a tombola ticket for every patch you hand in!
- The tombola will take place on Sunday, June 16th as part of the Bind-Off Diversity brunch at the Magdas Hotel.
- Winners who can not attend the raffle will be able to pick up their prizes until June, 30th at their respective stores. We will publish these ticket numbers after the raffle here on our website.
- You can also send patches by post to one of the participating wool shops – stating your name, address and e-mail address. We only need this information so that you can participate in the tombola (limited to vouchers). After the raffle, your data will be deleted. The patches must arrive no later than Saturday, June 1st 2019. Please find the postal addresses of the local yarn shops here!
- After the parade the patches will find another use: we intend to use some of them to make a blanket for children living near Chernobyl. More about the charity can be found here. Other patches will be made into pet blankets for rescue animals at Tierquartier.
Please send an eMail to email@example.com!